excel 2003 ... setting up "Look In " within "open"

  1. #1
    Kev
    Guest

    excel 2003 ... setting up "Look In " within "open"

    How do I set the default directory when using the file "OPEN" facility?
    At the moment when I use ,,File> open ,,, the default directory in the
    "look in " box is "my documents",, I would like to change this deafult to
    the excel folder within my documents.

    appreciate any help
    thanks

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: excel 2003 ... setting up "Look In " within "open"

    Kev,

    In the standard toolbar, go to Tools -> Options -> General Tab and near the
    bottom of the dialog box you should see an option for "Default File Location"
    and "At Start-Up, Open All Files In".

    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Kev
    Guest

    Re: excel 2003 ... setting up "Look In " within "open"

    many thanks John..

    news:[email protected]...