Convert Works 6.0 data base to Excel?

  1. #1
    CarolER
    Guest

    Convert Works 6.0 data base to Excel?

    How can I convert my data bases in Works 6.0 to Excel??

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Convert Works 6.0 data base to Excel?

    Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as
    a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv,
    dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if
    you don't have WORKS.

    http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.h...kscnvxls_e.htm

    Text from the website above:-

    Microsoft does not provide an import Excel filter for Works-WKS files later
    than version 2. (for Works-WPD and Word they do). There is no standard way
    to convert a lot of Works-WKS files into the Excel format. You need to save
    each file out of Works manually into XLS which is a pain in the neck. Here
    comes our MS Works Spreadsheets to Excel Converter. It does not need a Works
    Installation and you can use the batch converting wizard (see right side).
    a.. Completely integrated into Excel 97/2000/XP, no external program
    b.. Imports MS Works Spreadsheet (*.WKS) 3.x ,4.x, 200x files
    c.. Convenient, selfextracting and selfinstalling setup procedure
    d.. Can be removed completely with standard deinstall procedure
    e.. Works with Windows 9x, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP
    f.. Our RL-File-Conversion-Wizard is part of the package
    g.. Converts cell alignments, font styles, etc.
    h.. Excel helper macros to make migration easier
    i.. No need for a Works installation
    j.. Free Updates: Our registered customers can download the latest version
    from our download area at any time

    Two articles from Microsoft that deal with Works and the files it can
    open/save as.

    Works: Sharing Works Files with Other Programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-ca;271080

    Works: Limitations of Sharing Files with Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-ca;269273

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03