Excel 2003 and hyperlinks

  1. #1
    Maxy007
    Guest

    Excel 2003 and hyperlinks

    Hi there,
    I have Microsoft Excel 2003 and have a problem with hyperlinks. I have
    cells in which I have right clicked chosen hyperlink, named it news and
    then entered the hyperlink adress as www.news.com.au . When i click on
    the news hyperlink i receive an error message saying "Unable to open
    http://www.news.com.au/ . Cannot locate the internet Server or proxy
    server. I also have email addresses in the same spreadsheet and they
    open my email program no problems at all. I'm using Mozilla firefox as
    my web browser and Mozilla thunderbird as my email program which is why
    i point out that my emails open properly. I changed my default browser
    back to Internet Explorer but I got the same error message.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Mel Arquiza
    Guest

    RE: Excel 2003 and hyperlinks

    Hi Maxy007,

    Try this open a new excel file select a cell press Ctrl-K insert the
    internet address:
    http://www.news.com.au/ click ok and see if it works.