Formula values only

  1. #1
    HT
    Guest

    Formula values only

    Excel XP

    I have a complicated spreadsheet that has many formulas on it. I only want
    the values of those formulas to appear. I do not want to click in the cell
    and have the formula appear at any time.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formula values only

    format cells>protection>locked and hidden checked
    then
    tools>protection>sheet>protect

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:OY7pT5x%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Formula values only

    You have the choice to hide the formulas, or delete the formulas, leaving
    the data behind.

    If the formulas are hidden, there is always the possibility that the
    protection will be by-passed, and the formulas would be viewable.

    If the formulas are deleted, there will be no possibility to calculate or
    re-calculate the sheet.

    To start either procedure, click in the square to the left of the ColumnA
    header and above the Row 1 label.
    This selects the entire sheet.

    Then,
    TO HIDE:
    <Format> <Cells> <Protection> tab,
    And make sure "Locked" and "Hidden" are *both* checked.
    Then,
    <Tools> <Protection> <ProtectSheet>,
    Enter a password if you wish, then <OK>.

    Now, clicking in the cell will *not* reveal the formulas in the
    "FormulaBar".

    TO DELETE:
    After selecting the entire sheet, right click in the selection and choose
    "Copy".
    Right click again and choose "PasteSpecial".
    Click on "Values", then <OK>.

    Now, al your formulas are deleted, and the data remains behind>
    --

    HTH,

    RD

  4. #4