Date formula

  1. #1
    George Gee
    Guest

    Date formula

    Hi All

    I would like to put today's date into a cell by entering data into another
    cell, the following is what I am using now:

    = IF(B3="","",TODAY())

    If I open the worksheet tomorrow, then the date will change,
    how do I get the date to not change?

    Thanks

    George Gee

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Date formula

    Take a look at

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

  3. #3
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Date formula

    Thanks for your time.

    However, I feel that this is going to be beyond me!

    The formula that I gave as an example, is copied down to
    row 100, so I am not sure what you are trying to tell me!

    George Gee

    *JE McGimpsey* has posted this message:

  4. #4
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Date formula

    Can I try another way?

    The following macro puts the date in the active cell:

    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1/17/2005"
    Range("A2").Select
    End Sub

    Question: How do I edit this so that the cell to the right of
    the active cell is selected, when the macro is run?

    Thanks for your patience!

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Melbourne