Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

  1. #1
    Bruce Roberson
    Guest

    Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

    I have a user that says everytime they insert a worksheet
    inside a workbook, that it does not show the grid lines.

    They want it to show gridlines by default, and my XLS
    workbooks on my PC do it that way, but I could not tell
    them what about my setup is different.

    Please advise.

    Bruce

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

    Bruce

    Sounds like that user has a SHEET.XLT template saved in the XLSTART folder.

    If that's the case, this would be the default Insert>Worksheet.

    Remove or change the format of this template.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Bruce Roberson
    Guest

    Re: Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

    Nope that wasn't it. Any other ideas?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

    Bruce

    "Nope" means there was no SHEET.XLT or means there was one but gridlines were
    checked on?

    Gridlines is a sheet option only and the gridlines not being shown on newly
    inserted sheets must be set from somewhere.

    If there is a SHEET.XLT perhaps the gridlines are enabled but the cell
    background color is set to "white" which wipes gridlines.

    The default setting under Format>Cells>Patterns is "no color".

    Gord

  5. #5
    Bruce Roberson
    Guest

    Re: Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

    I think what he is experiences has to be another of those darned converstion
    problems with Quattro Pro. You can select all cells, and change the grid
    line from white to no color after the fact.

    It looks that is as good as that gets unless the user is willing to copy and
    paste each sheet in the workbook to get it out of the Qpro conversion
    limitations.

    Bruce