Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

how do I convert Works DB files to Word

  1. #1
    Geranium Jane
    Guest

    how do I convert Works DB files to Word

    I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
    Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
    my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
    Help

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: how do I convert Works DB files to Word

    Geranium Jane wrote:
    > I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
    > Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
    > my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
    > Help

    In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

  3. #3
    Geranium Jane

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > Geranium Jane wrote:
    > > I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
    > > Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
    > > my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
    > > Help

    > In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

    Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
    into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
    "not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
    Thanks - Jane

  4. #4
    Gordon

    Geranium Jane wrote:

    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >

    >>Geranium Jane wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
    >>>Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
    >>>my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
    >>>Help

    >>In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

    > Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
    > into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
    > "not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
    > Thanks - Jane

    I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
    database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
    haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!

  5. #5
    Geranium Jane
    Guest

    Re: how do I convert Works DB files to Word

    Hi Gordon -
    Well ... you see the problem is that WORKS is gone. I've already done the
    "Quickrestore" on my computer. So the CD that I'm downloading my DB files
    from has copied them in WORKS format and now I have Microsoft Office w/ Word.

    Hmmm.... am I dead in the water?

  6. #6
    Gordon

    Geranium Jane wrote:
    > Hi Gordon -
    > Well ... you see the problem is that WORKS is gone. I've already done the
    > "Quickrestore" on my computer. So the CD that I'm downloading my DB files
    > from has copied them in WORKS format and now I have Microsoft Office w/ Word.
    >
    > Hmmm.... am I dead in the water?
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >

    >>Geranium Jane wrote:

    >>>Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
    >>>into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
    >>>"not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
    >>>Thanks - Jane
    >>>

    >>I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
    >>database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
    >>haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

    Ah. Then I think you're stumped unless you can get access to Works.
    there MAY be a converter available from a third party, have you tried
    doing a Google search?