How to open a workbook with a specific worksheet displayed by defa

  1. #1
    ThaiNB
    Guest

    How to open a workbook with a specific worksheet displayed by defa

    When I open a workbook, it always shows a specific worksheet which I don't
    want to work with. I have to click on the worksheet I want everytime I open
    this workbook. How can I open it and have it shows the worksheet I want by
    default?

    Thanx in advance.

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: How to open a workbook with a specific worksheet displayed by defa

    From the Tools menu, select Macro | Visual Basic Editor
    From the Project window, doubleclick ThisWorkbook

    Assuming Sheet2 is the worksheet you want activated when the workbook opens.

    Copy this code in:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Worksheets("Sheet2").Activate

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ThaiNB
    Guest

    Re: How to open a workbook with a specific worksheet displayed by

    Thanks a million!

    Upon following your procedure, I found something. This workbook was shared
    among several users (though, I was the only one opening it). And I think that
    was the main reason it didn't let me save the current worksheet state. After
    I unshared the workbook, I could save it with the current worksheet state
    (means - when I opened it again, it showed the last worksheet I opened last
    time before I saved the file). BTW, this is not true on my colleage's machine
    (working on the same file!!). I don't want any furthur remedy, just to share
    what'd happened.

    Thanx again!

    "Rob van Gelder" Ã*¹€Ã*¸‚Ã*¸µÃ*¸¢Ã*¸™: