Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

  1. #1
    Pinball
    Guest

    Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

    This above symbol will not let me sort by data in column. How can I delete
    symbol?

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

    There are three triangle symbols that I know about.
    Could you please describe it's position in the cell? top-right?
    bottom-right?

    The grey AutoFilter dropdown box. From the Data menu, Filter, Show All.
    The red comment indicator.
    The green autocorrect indicator.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

    see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
    the red ones for comments are controlled from Tools, Options, View
    read the above for the black, green and purple
    ---
    HTH,

    "Pinball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This above symbol will not let me sort by data in column. How can I delete
    > symbol?

Closed Thread