Custom Report

  1. #1
    ClearColour
    Guest

    Custom Report

    I keep a file with sales and totals of each sale on a daily basis. At the
    end of each month we run a report showing the totals for that month.
    I have a file in Microsft Works Database that shows monthly totals. How
    would I make a report in Excel to Show monthly totals?

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Custom Report

    You could use a myriad of ways, but my suggestion would be either subtotals
    (Data>Subtotals...) or a pivot table (Data>Pivot table report or chart)

    Post back if you need help with these

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Custom Report

    To summarize the data in a table, you can use a Pivot Table. There are
    instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links:

    After you've created the pivot table, you can group the data by month.
    There are instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List