Pivot table and filter

  1. #1
    Bruce Roberson
    Guest

    Pivot table and filter

    Consider the table below. If you do a pivot table summing the qty of
    Product, you end up with abc, with a net of 0, and ast with a qty of 0 also.
    If I wanted to filter out results in the pivot table that were equal to
    zero, how would I do that? I cannot find a way to set a filter, such as you
    can do with Data, Filter, Auto Filter, and then filtering out the unwanted
    values. It looks like to me that you should be able to do this without doing
    an edit copy, and edit paste of the pivot table table into another sheet and
    then setting up an Auto Filter in the way described above.

    Product Qty
    abc 6
    abc -6
    xyz 7
    ast 0

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table and filter

    You could query the table and filter out zeros there or you could add an
    extra column to the table that will check for zero sum like

    =A3<>0

    then you add it to the page area and from the dropdown you select TRUE

    or you can run a macro that hides all zeros

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...