[SOLVED] How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?

  1. #1
    AMT1957
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?

    Living in UK, for some reason I appear to have only the Euro currency
    convertor on Excel 2002. I need to convert £GBP costs into $USD. I cannot
    find a download. Does any body know of a 'quick-fix' or of a macro that will
    do the task?
    Thanking you in anticipation.

  2. #2
    Naz
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?

    There are 2 options I can think of.

    1) Create a formula that does the conversion. example £ to USD
    =A1*A2 where A1 contains £ and A2 contains the converstion rate
    say 0.60
    =.6 £1 coverts to 0.6USD

    2) Enter this code into a new module, select the range and then run the macro.
    Assuming the conversion rate is in cell A1

    Sub Converter()

    Dim Rng As Range

    For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
    Rng.Formula = Rng * Range("D58")
    Next Rng

    End Sub

    Hope that helps

    ___________________
    Naz
    Lodon

  3. #3
    Naz
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?

    Sorry the code should read as follows, the change was Range("D58") changed to
    Range ("A1").
    The cell in between the quotes is basically where the conversion rate
    resides, so can be anything you want.

    Sub Converter()

    Dim Rng As Range

    For Each Rng In Selection.Cells