quick books and excel 2002

  1. #1
    bookeeper
    Guest

    quick books and excel 2002

    I need to know how I can stop having to doulbe process every thing in order
    to do my job costing. I use excel because quick books can't do it the way I
    need to. Each of my sales people are paid a % of job profit so job costing is
    critical. I am double processing every bill I get. We have grown so fast that
    I am too busy to keep having to do this and I cannot get any help. I can't
    get all the line items I need to post to the job cost in quick books because
    some of the figures I use are a set amount and do not equal a dollar amount
    of a bill we have to pay.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007
    The options you have are:

    Check that what you want cannot be obtained by customising an existing job report.

    Have a look and see if Intuit have brought out a version of QuickBooks designed for your business.

    Find a 3rd party program which will add the necessary job costing functions to QuickBooks, see Intuit's site.

    Upgrade to Qbks 2005, and, using the SDK/ODBC driver (Software Developers Kit), get an application or report written that will bring out the data you want to Excel, or wherever, and do the necessary calculations.

    Change to one program which will do everything you need.

    It's difficult to be more specific because the country you are in determines the software available to you, and will also affect your requirements.

    If the business is really growing fast, maybe now is the time to change to a program which will do it all, and cater for your future growth.

    Regards
    Mike

  3. #3
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: quick books and excel 2002

    Get an Accounting program that can handle job costing

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    gls858

    bookeeper wrote:
    > I need to know how I can stop having to doulbe process every thing in order
    > to do my job costing. I use excel because quick books can't do it the way I
    > need to. Each of my sales people are paid a % of job profit so job costing is
    > critical. I am double processing every bill I get. We have grown so fast that
    > I am too busy to keep having to do this and I cannot get any help. I can't
    > get all the line items I need to post to the job cost in quick books because
    > some of the figures I use are a set amount and do not equal a dollar amount
    > of a bill we have to pay.

    There are many third party add-ons for Quickbooks maybe
    one of these will help.

    http://marketplace.intuit.com/

    gls858