How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...

  1. #1
    Kane
    Guest

    How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...

    I have a calculated weight <B11>(given). I need to determine the max amount
    of fuel ( ? )that can be loaded to satisfy a landing weight restriction
    <I8>(given) knowing the consumption <H11> (given) for a specific period of
    time.
    Basically, I want to know the maximum amount of fuel in lbs that I can put
    into an aircraft, to fly a short flight, and not land above the maximum
    landing weight of the aircraft.
    > <B11> ... AC Min ZFW lbs ( 14343 )
    > <L8> ..... AC Max Fuel lbs ( 6790 )
    > <I8> .... AC Max Landing Weight lbs ( 18700 )
    > <H8> ... AC Max Take-Off Weight lbs ( 20000 )
    > <H11> .. Fuel Consumption lbs ( 700 )

    Hope this makes sence.... Thanks

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...

    I think you're leaving something out ... like the length of the flight.

    If you're *only* going to fly long enough to consume that 700 lbs. of fuel,
    then simply subtract the weight of the plane (B11), from the maximum
    allowable landing weight (I8), to determine the maximum fuel to be loaded
    (4357 lbs.), which is well below the maximum allowable take off weight
    (20000 lbs.).

    Am I missing something, or are you missing a variable (like flight length or
    time).

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kane
    Guest

    Re: How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...

    RD
    First off, Thanks for the Interest! I am truly grateful!
    I know that the Fuel consumed for this time period will be 700 pounds. I
    want to know the Max Fuel that I can load to fly this mission ( 700 lbs) and
    still be under my max landing weight of 18700 lbs. The results of the
    calculation would be the following;
    > <B11> .... 14343 lbs AC loaded weight
    > <B12> .... 19343 lbs AC Loaded weight with Max Allowable fuel in respect of Max Landing weight.
    > <B13> .... 5000 lbs MAX Allowable fuel to allow this mission.

    Short of this, I could send you a portion of this matrix for your evaluation!

    Again, thanks for the input!

    .... Kane

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...

    Does this make sense to you?

    Max take-off weight = 20000 lbs. = H8

    Minus plane and cargo lbs. = 14343 = B11

    Equals Max fuel possible to *take-off* = H8-B11

    Difference between T/O wt. and Land wt = H8-I8 = 1300 lbs.

    SO - fuel must deplete by 1300 lbs during mission (H8-I8)

    OR - fuel to be depleted (H8-I8) minus fuel consumed (H11) = fuel subtracted
    from max fuel allowable at T/O (H8-B11)-(H8-I8-h11)

    Therefore, try this in B13:

    =(H8-B11)-(H8-I8-H11)
    --

    HTH,