Counting data - 1 last question

  1. #1
    Jo
    Guest

    Counting data - 1 last question

    Thank you. Now I want to take the sheet that summarizes
    the individual dates divided into the 3 times groups - and
    total them by month. How can I do that without having to
    manually choose each range for each month?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Counting data - 1 last question

    [ Original post in: http://tinyurl.com/69bp2 ]

    Do a similar set-up in a new Sheet3

    In Sheet3
    -------------
    Put in A1: =Sheet2!A1

    Copy over the 3 time bands listed in:
    B1:B2 : 700, 1500
    C1:C2 : 1500, 2300
    D1:D2 : 2300, 700
    (these will act only as col labels here)

    Put in A3 : 1-Jan-2003
    Format as Custom, type: mmm-yy (It'll appear as "Jan-03")
    Copy A3 down to A14 to fill for the whole year's worth

    Put in B3:

    =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Sheet2!$A$3:$A$1000)=MONTH($A3))*(YEAR(Sheet2!$A$3:$A$100
    0)=2003),Sheet2!B$3:B$1000)

    Copy B3 across to D3, fill down to D14

    The above will return the monthly summary for the year 2003
    from Sheet2

    Adapt to suit

    --
    Rgds