is this possible?

  1. #1
    Patrick
    Guest

    is this possible?

    I have a formula on Sheet 1.

    Can I move the cell that shows the total of the formula from sheet 1 to
    sheet 2, so that any changes in the data, on sheet 1, would show up on Sheet
    2 in the total box? Can't quite figure it out.

    Thanks,

    Patrick

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: is this possible?

    Patrick, maybe something like, =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A10) ????
    If not well will need more info.

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Phil K
    Guest

    RE: is this possible?

    You can also use the copy paste special option. Copy the cell that has the
    sum on Sheet 1 and the go to sheet 2 right click on the cell you want the
    sum to show up, click on paste special and then click on paste link.

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: is this possible?

    Maybe just try a cut and paste ?
    Right-click on the cell with the formula in Sheet1 > choose Cut
    Click on Sheet2's tab, then right-click on a target cell inside > Paste
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Assume the answer on sheet 1 is in C6. Click on sheet 2's tab, and click in A1 (could use any cell). Type an equals sign in A1. Now click on sheet 1's tab, click on the answer in C6 (C6 will now be surrounded by a flashing dashed box), then press Enter. Any changes to C6 on sheet 1 will now also appear in A1 of sheet 2 as both C6 and A1 are now linked.

  6. #6
    Patrick
    Guest

    Re: is this possible?