Adding rows of different info from separate worksheets into summar

  1. #1
    Barry P
    Guest

    Adding rows of different info from separate worksheets into summar

    I have 12 monthly worksheets of catalogue item information on rows. I want to
    build a summary worksheet that summarizes one of the columns (qty sold) by
    month. Problem is, when I run my VLookup to find the cat.#, invariably the
    catalogue has changed from month to month and returns incomplete information.
    how can I build my catalogue list in the summary worksheet from the
    associated monthly worksheets and get all of the cat.#'s that have come and
    gone through out the year?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Adding rows of different info from separate worksheets into summar

    Hi Barry

    I would look at using Data / Consolidation - it's a bit labourious doing it
    for 12 spreadsheets - so try it on 2 or 3 first to see if it gives you the
    information you want (you could also look at pivot tables from multiple
    consolidation ranges - check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details on this
    www.contextures.com).

    with the data / consolidation option - insert a new worksheet, click in say
    cell A4 and choose data / consolidate from the menu.

    then ensure that you tick the three boxes at the bottom - then click in the
    reference line and then choose your first range (choose the cat # column and
    the quantity sold column) .. then click ADD - repeat for all sheets - then
    click OK.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...