Conditional Formula - Need Help

  1. #1
    Eduardo
    Guest

    Conditional Formula - Need Help

    Hello,
    I would like some help in evaluating the value of a cell that falls within a
    certain range.
    For example:
    If A2 is less than 1 and greater than 10 "TRUE"

    Your help is appreciated.

    Ed

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867
    Good afternoon

    A2 can never be less than1 AND greater than 10; I think you mean if A2 is greater than 1 or less than 10. This should work:

    =IF(A2>1,IF(A2<10,"TRUE","FALSE"))

    This will return TRUE for number 2 through 9 - if you want to include numbers 1 and 10 use >= and <= in the formula.

    Hope this solves your problem.

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula - Need Help

    Hi Eduardo

    do you mean if A2 is less than 1 OR greater than 10???

    if so
    format / conditional formatting
    formula is
    =OR($A2<1,$A2>10)

    or if you mean greater than 1 and less than 10
    =AND($B1>1,$B1<10)

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...