Works in all columns but one??

  1. #1
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Works in all columns but one??

    I have the following formula in about 15 columns in one row.

    =OFFSET($D$1,COUNTA(INDIRECT("$d$1:$d"&ROW()-1))-1,0)

    The only difference in the other columns is, of course, the Column
    identifier..
    This works fine in all columns except Column E. I've looked and looked and
    it looks to me like Column E is formatted EXACTLY like all the other
    columns.
    Column E contains this:
    =OFFSET($E$1,COUNTA(INDIRECT("$e$1:$e"&ROW()-1))-1,0) but all I get in
    Column E is a blank result.

    Does anybody have any idea what the problem is?

    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Works in all columns but one??

    Check the color of the foreground. Ensure it is not the same as the
    background color.

    http://HelpExcel

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Click on the cell in Column E that contains your formula.
    Now highlight the entire formula in the Formula Bar.
    With it highlighted, click on the F9 key.
    The Formula Bar will now display the result of the formula.
    If the result is not what you expect there's a problem with the formula.
    If the result is what you expect there's a problem with formatting.
    Check to see if there's a Conditional Format applied that is making the formula's result "invisible" (font colour is same as cell's fill colour)

  4. #4
    Doug Mc
    Guest

    Re: Works in all columns but one??

    Hi Galimi,
    I don't know how to check the background/foreground colors.
    I'm using Excel 97.
    Can you help me?

    news:[email protected]...