how can i copy formula?

  1. #1
    jp
    Guest

    how can i copy formula?

    hi,
    please help!
    my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another
    workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only
    thing must change is the name of the workbook.

    example.
    i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link
    to another workbook.

    Workbook1.
    sheet1
    A1=sum of workbook2
    B1=sum of workbook3
    C1=sum of workbook4

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how can i copy formula?

    Hi Jp

    Maybe you can use this example to do this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how can i copy formula?

    BTW : not possible with copy the formula cell

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Put an apostrophe in front of the formula, which turns it into text, and then copy. Paste into the new cell, and alter the worksheet name, etc, in the formula slot. Remove the apostrophe to activate the formula again.