Entering data to non protected cells

  1. #1
    Kalevi
    Guest

    Entering data to non protected cells

    If I protect the table I can still "stop" at any cell and get the message if
    trying to enter data to protected area. My Q here is. can you avoid this
    being able to click on any cell and instead just jump to a non protected
    cell and to the next and next?
    Thanks
    Kalevi

  2. #2
    Airfive
    Guest

    RE: Entering data to non protected cells

    Hi,
    Use the "Tab" key to jump directly to unlocked cells. Your worksheet will
    have to be in protected mode for this to work.

    HTH
    Ron

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    First click on A1. Then, while holding down the Control key, click on A10 and A20. Release the Control key. Cells A1, A10 and A20 should now be highlighted with A20 being the last cell clicked. Now right click on A20 and on the menu that appears left click on Format Cells. Untick Locked, and then OK. Now protect the whole sheet. When you try to type in any cells other than A1, A10 and A20, a warning panel appears. Type something in A1, then press the tab key and the cursor will jump to A10,. Press the tab key again and the cursor will jump to A20. So now nothing can be typed into cells unless you have unlocked the cells first, and pressing the tab key will jump the cursor to and from the allowed cells. Once you are sure what to do, you can adapt the above example on to your own sheet.