Switching from Quattro Pro

  1. #1
    Michael Gula
    Guest

    Switching from Quattro Pro

    Cells in Quattro Pro containing a formula display a mark in the lower
    left-hand corner. Holding the cursor over that mark causes a pop-up to
    reveal the formula. (They are called formula markers.)

    I thought Excel had a similar feature but, if it does, I haven't found
    the way to turn it on.

    Does it?

  2. #2
    Nick B
    Guest

    RE: Switching from Quattro Pro

    The only thing I know is if you hit Ctrl+~ or (Tools->Options, View tab,
    click Formulas, OK) it will display all of the formulas. You can also click
    on a cell and it will have the formula in the Formula bar at the top of the
    screen (sorry never seen Quattro Pro).

  3. #3
    Nick B
    Guest

    RE: Switching from Quattro Pro

    Oh, Excel also has comments which sound like what you are describing, except
    they do not have anything to do with formulas (Insert->Comment).