My excel 2003 wont let me fill cells with color or color the tabs.

  1. #1
    trizog
    Guest

    My excel 2003 wont let me fill cells with color or color the tabs.

    Hello I just bought office 2003 professional and excel wont let me fill
    cells with color.
    also I am not able to add color to tabs. I havent noticed any thing else
    so far. is this some setting Ive missed can anyone help ? Thank You

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: My excel 2003 wont let me fill cells with color or color the tabs.

    If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
    high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
    following MSKB article:

    OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: My excel 2003 wont let me fill cells with color or color the tabs.

    Unless of course he just bought the cheaper Black and White version of Excel
    instead of the Colour one. <g>

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03