can Excel work similar to Lotus?

  1. #1
    Lila
    Guest

    can Excel work similar to Lotus?

    I use Excel for Order entry and Tracking. Is there a way to set up the
    worksheets so that when you enter information on one page, it automatically
    fills in certain fields on another page? Sounds confusing but i would like to
    know if it can work similar to Lotus.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Chris Rogers
    Guest

    Re: can Excel work similar to Lotus?

    you can easily like pages from one to another using the + key.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: can Excel work similar to Lotus?

    Lila

    You can link cells from one sheet to another or even to another workbook.

    Assume you enter data in Sheet1 A1 and want it to appear on Sheet2 at B34.

    In Sheet2 B34 enter =Sheet1!A1

    Alternate........

    Enter an = sign in B34 then switch to Sheet1 and select A1 and <ENTER>

    Another alternate.........

    Select A1 and Copy it then switch to Sheet2 B34 and Paste Special>Paste Link

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Lila
    Guest

    Re: can Excel work similar to Lotus?

    do i have to link each cell individually?

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: can Excel work similar to Lotus?

    Depends.

    If contiguous you can select a bunch and copy/paste special>paste link.

    Also you can drag/copy =Sheet1!A1 down column A and you will get Sheet1!A2,
    A3, A4 etc. incremented as normal drag/copy will give with relative
    referencing.

    Or drag/copy across a row or rows.

    Gord