Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Hide Contents of Calculated Cell

  1. #1
    Prior Sayin
    Guest

    Hide Contents of Calculated Cell

    Hi:

    I have 4 columns:

    Quantity Description Unit Price Extension

    My Extension value is =(Quantity*Unit Price)

    This works fine, but it enters $0.00 when no Quantity is entered. As I list
    all Descriptions, only quantity gets entered. I need to suppress the
    Extension value so it is blank if Quantity is blank.

    Thank you so very much,

    Prior.

  2. #2
    This formula in column D should to the trick:

    =if(a2 = "", "", =a2*c2)

    Matt

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Hide Contents of Calculated Cell

    Prior

    =IF(Quantity=0,"",Quantity*Unit Price)

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Prior Sayin
    Guest

    Re: Hide Contents of Calculated Cell

    Beautiful - thanks, Trevor.

    Prior Sayin

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Hide Contents of Calculated Cell

    You're welcome

    Regards

    Trevor

    "Prior Sayin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Beautiful - thanks, Trevor.
    >
    > Prior Sayin
    >

    > "Trevor Shuttleworth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Prior
    >>
    >> =IF(Quantity=0,"",Quantity*Unit Price)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Trevor
    >>

    >> "Prior Sayin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:%[email protected]...
    >>> Hi:
    >>>
    >>> I have 4 columns:
    >>>
    >>> Quantity Description Unit Price Extension
    >>>
    >>> My Extension value is =(Quantity*Unit Price)
    >>>
    >>> This works fine, but it enters $0.00 when no Quantity is entered. As I
    >>> list all Descriptions, only quantity gets entered. I need to suppress
    >>> the Extension value so it is blank if Quantity is blank.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you so very much,
    >>>
    >>> Prior.

Closed Thread