[SOLVED] I Want to Caculate only ONE Cell !!!

  1. #1
    Mahmoud Metwally
    Guest

    [SOLVED] I Want to Caculate only ONE Cell !!!

    Dear
    I Wannt to make the excel sheet only calculate one cell that I put a rule in
    it.
    Also, can I make the Excel refresh automatically every certain period of
    time to calculate that Cell.?

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: I Want to Caculate only ONE Cell !!!

    Tools|Options|Calculate and check "Manual"

    You can either trigger the recalcualation manually (select the cell put
    your curser in the formula bar and press enter) Or by VBA where you
    could wrap
    Workbooks("Book1").Worksheets("Sheet1").[A1].Calculate
    insided a timing routine.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: I Want to Caculate only ONE Cell !!!

    What is it that's happening to that cell that would cause it to change?
    When you say just that cell, do you really mean that you don't want other
    cells to calculate. Is that the only cell on the sheet that has data?
    Depending on what's happening with your data you may be able to use the
    ability to set specific sheets to manual vs automatic calculation, or indeed
    use change events to drive the calcs. You need to be a bit more specific
    about exactly what you want to happen, as well as telling us what you don't
    want to happen (if anything, eg other sheets not calculating). Give us some
    more details about what the timing is meant to do.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%[email protected]...