Want to highlight all but first line

  1. #1
    Laurel
    Guest

    Want to highlight all but first line

    I have a large spreadsheet. I often want to highlight a couple of thousand
    rows from one point to the top *except* for the very first row. I
    highlight from the starting point to the top by selecting the bottommost
    row, and then ctrl/shift-Home to select all the way up through the top row.
    I thought I could then de-select the top row by pressing ctrl/click on the
    row number. But instead of deselecting the row, it de-selects the first
    cell in the row. The rows are very wide, so de-selecting each cell in it
    isn't practical. Can anyone tell me why ctrl/click on the first row number
    in the highlighted area deselects the cell instead of the row?

    TIA
    Laurel

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Want to highlight all but first line

    Select the last row
    Hold the Shift key
    Tap the End key, then the Up arrow key, then the Down arrow key

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List