Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

deduct tax from a total

  1. #1
    Deltaecho
    Guest

    deduct tax from a total

    I need to deduct tax from a calculated total , i.e.
    Col A=Qty
    col B- price of item
    col C = sum of col a and b
    col D should show the total less the tax, presently at 16%
    thanks in adavance

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: deduct tax from a total

    =C2*100/116

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: deduct tax from a total

    Hi

    personally i'ld put the tax value in a cell of its own so that if it does
    change you don't have to remember to edit your formulas - which are less
    obvious than a cell with the label of tax (ie D1 could say Total Less Tas of
    and E1 could have the 16% in it) then your formula could be
    =C2*(1-$E$1)

    Cheers
    julieD

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: deduct tax from a total

    of course, if you do change the figure in E1 you need to be aware that items
    calculated at the old tax rate will change unless you select them and copy /
    edit - paste special - values first

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: deduct tax from a total

    Personally, I create a workbook name of VAT with a value of 17.5% (VAT in
    the UK, 16% for the OP) :-). I even add it my template workbook.

    Bob

    /
    > edit - paste special - values first
    >
    > Cheers
    > JulieD
    >
    > "JulieD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > personally i'ld put the tax value in a cell of its own so that if it

    does
    > > change you don't have to remember to edit your formulas - which are less
    > > obvious than a cell with the label of tax (ie D1 could say Total Less

    Tas
    > > of and E1 could have the 16% in it) then your formula could be
    > > =C2*(1-$E$1)
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > julieD
    > >

    > > "Deltaecho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >>I need to deduct tax from a calculated total , i.e.
    > >> Col A=Qty
    > >> col B- price of item
    > >> col C = sum of col a and b
    > >> col D should show the total less the tax, presently at 16%
    > >> thanks in adavance

Closed Thread