AutoFill Visible Cells with Months

  1. #1
    Elaine
    Guest

    AutoFill Visible Cells with Months

    I would like to type Jan in A2 and AutoFill up to however far the selection
    goes. However, there are some rows that are hidden. I am not able to autofill
    the visible cells in the selection.

    What I have done is:
    Type Jan in A2
    Select area to be filled
    Select visible cells (by pressing F5 and clicking Special Cells)
    EDIT | Fill | Series | Autofill

    I get some weird results. Can anyone please help me get Jan, Feb etc with
    only the visible cells filled so that there are no skipped months where there
    are hidden rows.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: AutoFill Visible Cells with Months

    Jan in cell>select (highlight) cells to
    fill>edit>fill>series>columns>autofill
    worked for me.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elaine
    Guest

    Re: AutoFill Visible Cells with Months

    Don, I still couldn't get it. I want to get the months for the visible cells.
    If there are hidden rows, the months skip. Is that not so?

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: AutoFill Visible Cells with Months

    You said "no skipped months where there are hidden cells"
    If you followed what I said and the second row was hidden you would get

    Jan
    Mar
    Apr

    showing.