Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Problems with autosum...

  1. #1
    ECLandscapes
    Guest

    Problems with autosum...

    I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to
    total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it
    works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the
    actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does
    anyone know a solution?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Problems with autosum...

    This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show
    two decimal places.
    For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the
    actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204
    which is displayed as 22.87 while you expected 22.88.
    Some good stuff at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "ECLandscapes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum
    > total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it
    > works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the
    > actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does
    > anyone know a solution?

Closed Thread