Getting rid of confirmation boxes

  1. #1
    DandruffKid
    Guest

    Getting rid of confirmation boxes

    Hello,

    Is there a way to get rid of confirmation boxes popping up in Excel?
    I use Excel 2000 on WinNT4 and I need to keep a spreadsheet open 24/7 doing
    calculations. The problem is the sheet runs 50+ external database queries to
    an sql server set to refresh every minute and occasionally a "Not enough
    memory to complete query" error or similiar pops up with an "OK" button to
    click.
    The entire spreadsheet stops running any queries while this "OK" button
    waits for someone to click it! Its very annoying. Especially when I check it
    after a week and its had a message up since day2 and stopped.

    Ideally I would like no boxes or warnings or errors to appear ever. The
    queries will refresh and get the info the next time so I dont want the whole
    sheet stopping just for one "OK" box!

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Cesar Zapata
    Guest

    Re: Getting rid of confirmation boxes

    what addin more RAM to your PC?. hehehe sorry I dont think you could
    disable that error message but have you tried.
    Application.DisplayAlerts = false then set it back to true?.

    it may work but I dont think so.

    good luck

  3. #3
    DandruffKid
    Guest

    Re: Getting rid of confirmation boxes

    Hi, thanks for the reply.

    I have added more RAM to the PC that runs the sheet and the SQL Server but
    the errors still occasionally occur.

    Where do I put the Application.DisplayAlerts = false?
    I put it in a module in VBA editor and ran the macro. I tested it by making
    changes to the spreadsheet and then closing Excel but I still got a "Save
    changes?" confirmation box when I did this. I thought this message wouldnt
    appear when I set DisplayAlerts false which leads me to believe I am using it
    wrong.