How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?

  1. #1
    Carole
    Guest

    How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?

    I'm using XP and need to 'print preview' in color. Mine is black and white.
    How do I change this setting?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?

    Hi Carole,
    I'm afraid you will have to lie! You need to install a printer that does
    colours and set this as the printer to be used by your workbook. It does not
    matter that you do not have this printer - unless you hit the Print icon!
    Now print preview is in colour. Suggestions: any HP DeskJet printer, or if
    it shows up as an installed printer, Microsoft Document Image Printer
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carole Drake
    Guest

    Re: How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?

    Thanks Bernard. I will get our IT person on it. I'm not 'authorized' to set
    up printers.
    Carole

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Surely, Carole, you already have a printer installed? On my XP, using excel97, coloured cells and font show in Print Preview - coloured! Go into Print Preview > Setup > Page Setup > Sheet, and see if you have a ticked button for Black and White in the Print section. If so untick and see if colour is now shown in Print Preview.