Field Display

  1. #1
    Metalteck
    Guest

    Field Display

    I have a column that displays a person's lastname,firstname.
    How can I separate it, so that one column is just the last name, and another
    is the firstname.

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Field Display

    Use Data | Text to Columns and use the comma as the delimiter

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Field Display

    Assuming your name is in A1.........
    This will pull out the LastName.........=LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)-1)
    And this will pull out the FirstName.. =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)+1,99)

    Then just copy these formulas down as far as you have data in column A.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck,, CABGx3