Search and Replace Question

  1. #1
    Rebecca
    Guest

    Search and Replace Question

    Hi. How do I search for and replace parentheses, that is, "(" and ")"?

    Also, is there a web site that lists all of these, such using ~* to search
    for real asterisks?

  2. #2

    Re: Search and Replace Question

    There's nothing special about the parentheses. They should work just fine the
    way you would do any other character.

    (Do you have "Match entire cell contents" checked??? Or maybe you have some
    formatting options set (xl2002+).)

    ~* for *
    ~? for ?
    ~~ for ~

    If you search for "wildcard" in excel's help, you'll see these three.