Worksheet Protection

  1. #1
    stwky
    Guest

    Worksheet Protection

    I'm looking for HELP on the EXCEL Worksheet Protect.
    I'd made a table for customer to fill-in. But I need to 'LOCK' the formats,
    columns and headings before sending out to my customers.
    Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?
    I had tried all the steps from MS Help!
    Thankyou.

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Worksheet Protection

    Look in general Questions

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Protection

    Hi

    select the cells you want people to be able to get to ... (click in the
    first cell, hold down control, click in the second etc)
    choose format / cells go the protection tab
    untick locked

    now choose tools / protection / protect sheet .. put a password in if you
    want to slow them down slightly from unprotecting the sheet and click OK

    note, this protects the contents of the sheet, it does not stop people
    deleting the sheet - for that you need workbook protection too.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...