Question about Cell Borders

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    Question about Cell Borders

    I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color,
    such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that
    border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way
    to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button.

    Thanks
    Kevin

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Question about Cell Borders

    I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a
    better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a
    macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the
    border style, thickness and color that you want.

  3. #3
    PA
    Guest

    Re: Question about Cell Borders

    You can change the border default color by changing the gridline color:
    Tools|Options|View. Gridline color is change in lower left corner in the
    Window Option section at the bottom. THe border color is the same as the
    gridline color.
    Style, thickness, etc - I dont know either.