worksheet cell color change

  1. #1
    jimemma
    Guest

    worksheet cell color change

    i need to make a cell with an expiration date change colors after that date
    has passed.

    example: I have a cell with 04/11/05 and I need to make that cell font turn
    from black to red after that date has passed.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: worksheet cell color change

    Have a look at
    format>conditional format

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: worksheet cell color change

    Hi

    Use CF
    See Debra's site for a example
    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: worksheet cell color change

    You can use Format>Conditional Formatting for this.

    Click on the cell and CF>Cell Value is: greater than 4/11/2005

    Format>Font>Red

    Note: the value will change to 38453 from 4/11/2005 if you back in to alter.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP