How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the workbo.

  1. #1
    Featherstony
    Guest

    How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the workbo.

    I am trying to enter data in a column of one worksheet and have the data show
    up in another worksheet in the same workbook. I have tried to highlite the
    colum and use "=" : highlite the other colum on the other wroksheet and hit
    <enter>. This does not work. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the workbo.

    Feather

    AFAIK this cannot be done on entire columns.

    Enter the = sign in A1 then switch to other sheet and select A1 and ENTER.

    Now just drag/copy that formula down as far as you wish.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Featherstony
    Guest

    Re: How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the wor

    Gord Dibben
    Thanks
    Works good, however I am using dates. When no date is entered I get
    1/00/00. Is there a way to correct this. Instead of 1/0/00 have the cell
    blank?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the wor

    Feather

    Method 1. Hide the zeros using Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "zero values"

    Method 2. Use an IF formula in the linked cells.

    =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1,"",Sheet1A1)

    If you have a great whack of these to do, run this macro on the selected
    range.

    Sub ISBLANK_Add()
    Dim myStr As String
    Dim cel As Range
    For Each cel In Selection
    If cel.HasFormula = True Then
    If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISBLANK*" Then
    myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
    cel.Value = "=IF(ISBLANK(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord