Combobox v Listbox

  1. #1
    MBlake
    Guest

    Combobox v Listbox

    Hi,
    Is the difference between comboboxes and listboxes only in their display and
    in reality both work in the same way?

    Mickey

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Combobox v Listbox

    No, comboboxes are editable, listboxes are not. The display can be made the
    same with property settings.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Combobox v Listbox

    And you could select multiple items in a listbox if you set it up that way.

  4. #4
    MBlake
    Guest

    Re: Combobox v Listbox

    Thanks for the replies, I am designing a userform that has to display
    specific lists for the user to select from. Once a choice is made from the
    first list the second list will be filtered, for example user selects apples
    and gets a choice of green or red, if they choose banana they get a choice
    of yellow or green. I though it best to use combo boxes but perhaps list
    boxes would be the way forward. I would appreciate your thoughts on this..

    Mickey

  5. #5

    Re: Combobox v Listbox

    If that list is small and can be seen without scrolling, I think (today anyway)
    that a listbox is easier to use. (But that could change depending on the
    userform, too (footprint space??).)

  6. #6
    MBlake
    Guest