Need to filter more than one date

  1. #1
    HT
    Guest

    Need to filter more than one date

    Excel 2003/XP

    I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to
    filter by 3 dates.

    I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I
    don't want to show the entire worksheet.

    Please advise.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Need to filter more than one date

    Hi

    this can be achived using advanced filtering - check out
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html for details

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Need to filter more than one date

    Use a helper column and insert this formula at the top of your column A1 if
    no header, and copy down.........
    Put the three dates you wish to filter for in D1, E1, and F1.......

    =IF(OR(A1=$D$1,A1=$E$1,A1=$F$1),A1,"")

    Then do AutoFilter on this column for Custom > "greater than zero"
    If you want to change which 3 dates you filter, just change them in D1:F1

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin