Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

format of cell

  1. #1
    Scudo
    Guest

    format of cell

    I am trying to type in 2-26 in a cell, I have the cell as `general` format
    but it keeps jumping back to custom and giving 46413.
    Is there something else I should be doing?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: format of cell

    Hi
    Try entering it with a ' first ie '2-26
    Excel is trying to help you by interpreting what you enter as something else
    (probably a date).
    Alternatively, format the cell as text before you enter the data.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    alnav89
    Guest

    RE: format of cell

    I went to format the cell and chose text.. then typed the info and it came
    out 2-26 as a label

  4. #4
    Scudo
    Guest

    Re: format of cell

    Thanks Andy that worked.

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: format of cell

    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to help!

    --
    Andy.

    "Scudo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Andy that worked.
    >

    > "Scudo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I am trying to type in 2-26 in a cell, I have the cell as `general`
    >> format
    >> but it keeps jumping back to custom and giving 46413.
    >> Is there something else I should be doing?
    >>
    >> thanks

Closed Thread