Date Fields

  1. #1
    Metalteck
    Guest

    Date Fields

    I have a spreadsheet that has 4 columns.
    H=Month, ex 4
    J=Day , ex 1
    K=Year, ex 5
    L=Century, ex 20

    How can I gather all of these fields so that it can look like 4/1/2005 and
    dragged down to 400 times?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Date Fields

    One way:

    =DATE(L1*100+K1,H1,J1)

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Date Fields

    Try in a spare cell

    =DATEVALUE(H1&"/"&I1&"/"&J1)

    And copy down. If the dates are all after 1930 and you haven't changed the
    default, you shouldn't need the century

    You will need to format the resulting number as a date

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS