Need Percent of Records

  1. #1
    LMB
    Guest

    Need Percent of Records

    Excel 2000. This may be too complicated but everything else I have asked in
    here has been answered and works great. I have a column of numbers (column
    8). These numbers are the result of the count function. I have 70 records.
    Some of the counts are 0, some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I want to report the % of
    each of these numbers.

    Example: If I have 10 records and 5 of thenumbers are = to 6 then the
    answer will be 50%. I would like to report the % of each number when
    compared to the total number of records.

    Thanks,
    Linda

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    =B1/70

    copy down (this assumes the first number is in B1) Then format as percentage

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    LMB
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    That did give me a % for each record but I want a summary of the total
    number....

    Here is what the sheet looks like

    11222 5
    111 3
    1 1
    111111 6
    121222 6
    111111 6

    the 1s and 2s represent charting audits 1=yes and 2=no

    The 5,3, 1 is the number of charting audits done. The max number to be done
    is 6. I need to report the % of employees who had 6 done, 5 done, and so
    on. Then next quarter we will hopefully show an improvement and 100% of the
    employees will have had 6 charting audits done.

    Thanks,
    Linda

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    =Cell_with_5/6

    and so on

    Assume that your numbers (that would be the 5 and 3 and 1 etc) in your
    example starts in B2, now in for instance C2 put

    =B2/6

    since 6 is the 100% it can be hard coded

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  5. #5
    Rowan
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    Linda

    Assuming the number of audits data are in Column B. In D2 enter 0, D3 enter
    1, D4 enter 2 etc up to 6. Then in E2 enter the formula

    =COUNTIF($B:$B,D2)/COUNT(B:B)

    Format as percentage and copy down to cell E8. This will give you the
    percentage of employees who have done 0 audits, 1 audit, 2 audits etc.

    In E9 enter
    =SUM(E2:E8)
    which will give you your total of 100% assuming you only have audits of 0 to
    6 entered in column B.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    Think you might have missed the response (pasted below)
    given to your earlier post's follow-up query re: http://tinyurl.com/8nu7c
    ----------------------
    Try: =TEXT(COUNT(B2:G2)/6,"0%")
    which'll display the result in percentage to zero dp

    For more on this "combining data",
    try Debra's nice coverage at her:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html

    --
    Rgds
    Max

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    > Try: =TEXT(COUNT(B2:G2)/6,"0%")

    As you probably mean to concat a text phrase to the percent result,
    so maybe something like:
    =TEXT(COUNT(B2:G2)/6,"0%")&" of 6"
    would be closer to what you're after
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  8. #8
    LMB
    Guest

    Re: Need Percent of Records

    Gee...I had no idea what excel could do. I am trying to learn access, I can
    see excel is just as powerful and challenging.

    Thanks everyone. I finally got it!

    Linda

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9