How to highlight alternate rows

  1. #1
    Brenda
    Guest

    How to highlight alternate rows

    Hi,
    I have a book of Excel formulas that gives the following formula to shade
    alternate rows in a Workbook:
    i.e. so the rows look grey, white, grey, white, etc.

    =MOD(ROW( ),2)=0
    Does anyone know if there's an error somewhere because I can't get it to
    work. I typed it in the formula line...Maybe I'm supposed to enter a range
    somewhere...not sure. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How to highlight alternate rows

    You need to use conditional formatting and formula is under
    format>conditional formatting

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom