can't delete a cell content in excel

  1. #1
    Mark B
    Guest

    can't delete a cell content in excel

    I can't delete several cells content in Excel. When I double click on the
    cell, it shows it as empty, but the words are still there when I move to
    another cell. I just want to delete the information as it's right in the
    middle of my worksheet.

    Please help me.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: can't delete a cell content in excel

    Think the text may have been formatted as:
    Horizontal: Centre across selection
    (under Format > Cells > Alignment tab > Text alignment)

    Try sleuthing on a couple of cells just to the left of where it displays

    Alternatively, select the entire row, then
    Click Format > Cells > Alignment tab > Text alignment
    Set Horizontal to : Left (IIndent) > OK
    Recheck the row, the offending text should be in its own cell

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jen Kulak
    Guest

    Re: can't delete a cell content in excel

    Just single click the cell and then hit delete key.

  4. #4
    Mark
    Guest

    Re: can't delete a cell content in excel

    I ended up moving another a few other cells to another block and all the
    cells that wouldn't delete, disappeared. I think it may have been a glitch
    or something. I appreciate your responses, and if it happens again, I'll try
    Max's response. I already tried clicking the cell and pressing delete I
    don't know how many times. Thanks for you concern.
    Mark