Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Printing a workbook one row at a time filling in a form with the d

  1. #1
    LostinData
    Guest

    Printing a workbook one row at a time filling in a form with the d

    Hello

    I have a workbook with about 20,000 rows of data. I want to design a form
    and have the information from one row inserted into the form and be printed
    out. The form would also have empty places for the sales people to write
    additional information on the paper after they make the sales call.

    The information is name, phone number, address and several other customer
    related information cells. I am using Excell 2000.

    IF possible I would like to print these 2 up on a standard piece of paper
    8.5 by 11 inches. This means I would print two forms on one page with a
    seperate record/row filling in each form. I hope that makes sence.

    Thank you for your time and help with this. I am totally lost. Have a good day
    --
    LostinData
    All the information in the world

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Printing a workbook one row at a time filling in a form with the d

    Insert a new worksheet as your form (and name it, say, "From"), and design
    it so that there are two copies of the form (which print out the way that
    you like).

    To pull data into the form, use a key value cell (which need not be part of
    the print area). The key value can be as simple as the row number, and
    formulas that reference that key value can be used to pull data into the
    forms.

    For example, put the number 2 into cell A1. In the cells of your first
    form, use formulas like

    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!A" & A1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!B" & A1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!C" & A1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!D" & A1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!E" & A1)

    To pull data from columns A to E, row 2.

    And in the second copy of the form, use formulas like

    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!A" & A1+1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!B" & A1+1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!C" & A1+1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!D" & A1+1)
    =INDIRECT("'Data Sheet Name'!E" & A1+1)

    To pull data from columns A to E, row 3.

    Then when you enter a value into cell A1, it will grab data from 2 rows on
    your data sheet, and the form can be printed.

    If you want to print all your data, you could use a simple macro to
    increment the value in cell A1 (in steps of 2), recalc, and print, along the
    lines of

    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 20000 Step 2
    Worksheets("Form").Range("A1").Value = i
    Application.CalculateFull
    Worksheets("Form").Printout
    Next i

    Just make sure you have a lot of paper and toner available.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...