How do I put a Heading on each column of data?

  1. #1
    new with excel
    Guest

    How do I put a Heading on each column of data?

    I have a spreadsheet in Excel with names and addresses. I want to export
    them but they need headings ie. fName, L name, address, city and zip. How
    do I put headings in each column?

  2. #2
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: How do I put a Heading on each column of data?

    new with excel wrote:
    > I have a spreadsheet in Excel with names and addresses. I want to export
    > them but they need headings ie. fName, L name, address, city and zip. How
    > do I put headings in each column?

    the column headings go in the first row. If the first row already
    has data in it just click on the row number to highlight the whole
    row then right click and select insert. this will give you a blank
    row to use for headers.

    gls858