[SOLVED] excel formatting

  1. #1
    JeffDamin
    Guest

    [SOLVED] excel formatting

    i have a spreadsheet that lists by salesman po's and their value. how do i
    create a formula so that i can add all the rows just for a particular
    salesman. i do have the drop down list on the salesman header.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: excel formatting

    One way:

    =SUMIF(A:A,"Joe",B:B)

    if you want to do this for all of your salesmen, this is a perfect
    application for a Pivot Table:

  3. #3
    Rodney
    Guest

    Re: excel formatting

    Thankyou very much for this link,
    It has been on my agenda for some time.

    I am apprehensive, and have feelings akin to
    my first leap into space from the 7 metre diving board
    when I was a kid.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: excel formatting

    I suspect, like after your first dive, you'll wonder why you were
    apprehensive after you play with the PT for a while.