sequential number

  1. #1
    Mike W
    Guest

    sequential number

    Hi all,

    I feel I should apologise in advance as I've seen this question answered
    previously but can't find it now. I want to have a sheet of a workbook
    display a new sequential number on opening. That's it really.

    any help would be appreciated.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: sequential number

    Mike, you culd put something like this in the workbook open event,

    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1

    You may also want to have a look here
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: sequential number

    Take a look here:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Mike W
    Guest

    Re: sequential number

    Thanks Paul, the code and mcgimpsey link was very helpful.

    Mike

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Paul B