I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get them b.

  1. #1
    Patinak
    Guest

    I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get them b.

    I am using excel 2003. I am a beginner. I followed the instructions to hide
    columns (I'm working on a stock spread sheet). I hid three columns,
    followed the instructions to unhide them and nothing happenss.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get them b.

    Hi patinak

    to unhide columns you need to select the column headings both sides of the
    hidden columns, so if you hid columns B, C, D then you need to click on
    column header A and drag across to column header E and then choose format /
    columns / unhide

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get them b.

    Click on the little grey square at the top left of your spreadsheet, just
    above where the row headers are and just to the left of where the column
    headers are. This will select the entire sheet. Now as long as you do the
    following, then one of them is going to bring it back for you:-

    Format / Column / Unhide
    Window / Unfreeze panes
    Format / Column / Standard Width

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  4. #4
    Patinak
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get the

    I didn't drag! Thank-you so much. I'm off and running.!

  5. #5
    Patinak
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get the

    This is great! I have to approaches to the problem and they both work.
    Thank-you so much for responding.

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get the

    You're welcome :-)

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    <snip>

  7. #7
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: I used the "hide" feature on 3 columns - now I cannot get the

    A third way - at least in XL97 and I assume in later versions, is to place
    the cursor at the joint of two columns. The cursor will turn into a
    two-headed arrow with a solid central bar between them. Now move the cursor
    slightly in the direction in which the missing column should be and the
    solid vertical bar will turn into a parallel pair. Left-click and drag the
    cursor and you will uncover the rightmost of the hidden columns.

    Regards

    Sandy

    --
    to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

  8. #8

    Merci beaucoup

    Thank you to all who posted on this thread! I was going KRAZEE. All the columns after E were gone, poof, invisible to the ***** eye.

    I did the drag thing, gud.
    And the double-head cursor thing, gud.

    And now my eyes can see them thar columns. Whew. They were coming to take me away ha ha.